5.10.12

Where she traveled time

We travel time when we have nothing to do. Sitting by the window with a cup of coffee in our hand and when the coffee gets cold, we find ourselves in the past, thinking of how it could lead to this, here, now.

I am, here for a reason. When I last had the chance to travel time late last night, I reminisced the good times I had when I was in my mid 20's. Travelling through parallel universe in total intoxication. I met so many rockstars in the outerspace.  Those days were really fun. 

These days, I don't party at all, or at least as hard. I heard from Curly of how vicious and cruel party girls are when I retired as the reigning queen of the party scene. They scare me. Super thick make up with fake eye lashes, hair so shiny - a bug might've died by just sniffing through the chemical spray across the strands.

Never have I ever imagined the party scene to be so fake. Curly mentioned on how she was elbowed by a short shiny girl on her way to homeclub's ladies room. Who does that? Though I was never really in the new era scene, I was always there to listen to Curly's interesting stories while we sip on some coffee and by the end of the session, we'd be wrinkled trying to figure out why the scene is filled with so much hatred and negativity.

Let's travel to the time when partying was fun,when there were no politics. Maybe there were but I was just too drugged up that I couldn't remember it. I remember going to a certain club to just find peace after a long hectic week. The club, the music, the girls were all crazy fun and not for once would we be fighting with each other over stupid stuff like "you took pictures with my boyfriend so die bitch".

But time has traveled itself to a darker side. Mean girls reign and good unclean fun wasn't in their dictionary. I guess people don't go to clubs for the music anymore. They just go for the sake of showing off what they got on online stores and sadly, they would all look the same. Sad.

I admit, I judged. And then God said "you judged so I give you a lil something". He gave me something alright.

June last year, I was obligated to join a bachelorette party organized by my very good friend Annie for another good friend. That wasn't the highlight though. After we were finished with dancing, I walked over to a club nearby club to join Curly who was there. My goal was to find my ex boyfriend who was a regular at that hipster hub. What I wanted to do to him...wasn't pretty. Let's close that chapter already.

So we continued to party at that club. Hipsters everywhere like urghhh. But I stayed since I needed Curly to drive me home. The DJ who was spinning had a lady emcee and they were both doing their thing but they were not the ones who entertained our corner that night. Another girl, who was imitating the emcee was. She really hated the emcee. So does everyone else. But what was more dramatic than that that night was when a girl got into a fight with another girl and one of them broke into tears and so the party was about them. Not about the weekend and the great music that was playing.

I then had to jump once again onto my time travel machine to try to remember how I was back then when I was partying. There were dramas. I was always in them. But the parties were definitely NOT about me. The party went on without people noticing anything dramatic just took place in that room.

Ladies talk. Not elbow each other.

Maybe I'm ol'skool. Maybe I'm not as cool. So I judged. Didn't mean to.

About a month later, I was forced by Curly to join her at this club called Bedroom. Same DJ, same emcee, same set of faces and dance moves. I just finished filming a music video and I was oily and I wasn't really feeling it, but for Curly, I'd do anything. Literally.

When we got there, I was already sleepy and what I did...I took a nap on one of the beds. It is called Bedroom, isn't it? So why not? And as I was dozing off into my secret garden, I felt like someone was looking at me. Halfway into my secret garden, I stepped out into reality and slowly opened one of my eye and there he was.

A mysterious figure in the dark. Just sitting on the table in front of me and I could sense his eyes going up and down my legs. In the dark, I could only see his grey fleece, cap and possibly some interesting kicks.

I closed my eye and went back to my secret garden. I left the club few hours later feeling all fresh and was secretly thinking of this mysterious man I call Mr. Grey.

Mr. Grey quickly became a fantasy of mine and I thought, how I love to solve mysteries in my fantasies. But will I solve this one? I couldn't help but to think, is this the way God is trying to say "you judge that scene so much, here...I give you a mystery to solve."

My life was full of ons and offs that year. So eventually I will put Mr. Grey out of my mind. After all, who wants to be back in that darkened scene voluntarily right?

With thoughts of Mr. Grey still lingering in my head, I wonder. Why be back in the game if I wasn't sure?

ssx

No comments: