3.12.07

Hand me over my heart


When a gal misses the days when she was out partying hard and having booked all weekend for dates and other engagements, she tries hard to hide it. I was that gal. Remember when i told you i was ready to date new people? Just when i thought being ready could make everything work, all the single men decided to quit on me.


Last Friday, i was determined to take my fabulous ass out and have a little dance to sweat out all the access baggage i have hanging in my rear end (thanks minimalist!). I promised curly that i would pick her up at the upperside club and straight to sleeper's gig at another club further up town. But that night, i had a studio practice and had to stay till 11pm. So as i rushed home and got ready, Fary who was also waiting to see me had already called asking where the hell i was..


Fary: babe, where you at?

Ssx: I'm on my way, hunny

Fary:...u sure?

Ssx: okay okay..I'm about to get into the bathroom to take a quick shower, then find a suitable top to match my skinny jeans and put on some effortless make up and off i go.

Fary: *sighs....sounds like you're already on your way...


Oops! Damn..i always end up being late on nights where i actually want to go out.


As i grabbed my car keys and head for the door i realized i forgot my cell. Went back in and took my cell on the dining table and then i realized i forgot my other set of keys. Shikes! Okay, there's no need to rush. After all, i was already late.


I got to the upperside club at 1.30 am. Curly who was looking fabulous than ever got into the car and told me Hammy, her ex whom she got back together with, was asking if he could get her by then. I said..


Ssx: curls! We just got out..

Curly: YOU just got out. I was here since before 12!


Point taken. But i was really excited to go out i could feel that that night was going to turn out good.


As we walked into the club wearing the finest of what we had left out of the laundry bag, i looked around and there were not many of those who i always see. And even so, the club was not as packed as expected.


We went upstairs and met some lovely people of sleeper's clan. Some updated me with some news and some just came by to say hi. Everything was fine until...


*msg tone


Lil: hey..whatchu up to?


Pandonne moi? Was that who i thought it was? Just as i thought i could get him out of my system. Not for long, but long enough to make get attracted to sleeper again. I lost it with sleeper. He now has an old haggard lady to take care of him and his morning biryanis. I thought i could develop that old feeling again. I've caught monogamous and i got it from curly. Since Lil, i couldn't think about anyone else sexually. Not even thinking of licking a bartender's ears.


I looked around for a reason not to answer to his msg. Then an Indian guy came and talked me up.


Indian guy: hey..why that angry face?

Ssx: I'm not angry

Indian guy: yea you are. You look like Bambi you know. And angry Bambi


That's it. There's nothing there that could top it. So i looked away and replied to Lil..


Ssx: at the village. For sleeper

Lil: how was it?

Ssx: cool. Just cool

Lil: I'm at a nearby club, Sub. For a friend's party. Where you headed later?

Ssx: send the girls and straight home

Lil: Home? Home's boring. Come out and party with us

Ssx: hmmmm

Lil: hmmm? Just call me once you're done


Secretly, i was excited to know he wanted me to be there partying with him. But he said he was at Sub. Only the most pretentious people would be caught dead at that club. Why was Lil there? Has he suddenly become one of those polo wearing-collar popping-rnb listening crowd. Euwwww.


Curly and i walked fary out of the club because her husband was supposed to pick her up in front of a nearby hotel. As we were walking by the side of the road full of the icks and the euws, someone called a name i refuse to answer to since prom...


I walked straight and didn't want to look back. But the voice kept going stronger and louder. I looked back and just as i was about to swear at the man, it was Lil.


Lil: Gallery! Call me.


Gallery. A new place built on my school land. They tore down a historic building for a building which was predictably filled with the pretentious crowd Lil was hanging with – i presume.


As i got there, i was amazed by how a 7 starred building could be invaded by the utmost dodgiest of people anyone could have ever seen. Lil was standing in front of the bar he was planning on having a quick bite and some whiskey.


I was surprised he was actually with the royal arseness' nephew. Lil cant be one of them. He's a down to earth lad who used to hate all these people. He dared not introduced me to any of them and as i know i hold a higher standard than those assholes, i still refuse to be thought of as a leper, whore who would do anything to be seen with that group.


I ordered my glass of wine and insisted to pay for it myself, even though i was only left with 50bucks.


Lil was looking nervous. He looked cute. He didn't know what to say and he was sweating profusely. I was looking at him making him more uncomfortable.


Lil: it's pretty hot here aye

Ssx: nope. It feels fine.

Lil: it's hot...erm...excuse me! Could i get my nachos now please!


Was it really the heat? Or was it me? Do i make him that nervous? If i do..it would be cute but why now? When i finally try to put him off my mind. Maybe it's too late? Or maybe i should take it slow on this one and be more patient.


He looked young, as young as the first time i saw him about 7 years ago. When he had his nipples pierced. Haha.


I looked around and was definitely sure the bar was totally not my scene so i told lil we had to leave. He walked me to my car and as i was just about to start my car lil said..


Lil: wanna go back to mine?

Ssx: what are we going to do there?

Lil: i don't know. Chill.

Ssx: neahhh...its okay. I'm gonna call it a night. You, have fun.


At home, while i was sorting out my wardrobe...i looked at my cell and there it was exchange sides of power and hope. Lil was sending msgs asking me to go over to his place. He called when i didn't reply


Lil: what are you doing?

Ssx: nothing. What are you doing?

Lil: rolling up. Heh...you could come here and chill you know. Your call

Ssx: i just took off my clothes and don't feel like putting them back on

Lil: oh! Ouh...well. I wouldn't wanna trouble you. Talk soon?

Ssx: of course


Before i went to sleep, i had a thought...if he was real, and i think what i felt was real. No cocktails, no club nights, no booty calls...will this work? Out in the broad daylight, will we make this work?


Ssx

No comments: