29.11.07

A celebration and another goodbye

20th of November was Sweater's 24th birthday. She had been telling us and reminding us to not to forget to buy her presents. I have been thinking of throwing a party at my place since i moved out here a year plus ago. But somehow, i just didnt have the time until now that i'm moving out of the place, i thought this is the best time to have a celebration for Sweater, myself, the apartment and the group of people i call family here.

I have been planning the whole thing alone, myself since it was supposed to be a surprise thingy. I figured if i had too many people involved at helping, one mouth might just leak the infos. Sweater who turned to an age i regret turning into, has never been the party type. Many times i've invited her to the home club or upperside for some chilling and she always managed to make an escape.


So a week prior to the party, i called up the chef, who was the DJ of my group. He agreed to cook some fried chicken and some singaporean noodles for the party. With the little budget i have, i managed to get most of the main stuff, like a present for sweater..the alcohol and some decorations.


The invitations were sent out on friday so the invitees could rsvp through the weekend. Since the plan was to surprise her, i had the whole thing happened on the day before her birthday which was on the 19th.


After work, when everyone left and i was left alone with her..as usual, we started talking like nothing was supposed to happen. I had everything under my belt. I told her the day before that i needed her to help me pack my stuff at my place. And convinced her to actually sleep over my place that night too. We talked about how we were going to celebrate her birthday the next day..


Ssx: babe, as usual, we will buy a cake and pretend to be having a meeting in the pantry and you act all surprised when we take out the cake. So to skip all the drama, i'll just ask you straight up...what cake do you want and when?


Sweater: haha. Nice one ssx. Such a nice friend you are....well, anything. And as for the present...i want a perfume. Christian DOOR


Ssx: Even doors have religions now? Where have i been?


Sweater: -___- i hate you


There it was, the most comfortable conversation at the scariest time of all. I was at the verge of asking her to grab her bag and head back to my place when...


Msg tone..


Curly: Fuck! The people arent here yet! Get her to walk around the block or something. Seriously.


Curly was already at my place giving some final touch on the party and the handling the people coming. But she doesnt do well while entering panic. At that point of time, i could imagine how she'd be running around with her big boobs sweating here and there.


At last, i brought back sweater. With the boxes i made her carry from the office, we rode the elevator and just as it it hit 7th floor, i was nervous. I could barely breath. Before this, i was thinking even if the plan turned out bad, i would still be happy to have all of them together to party and chill at my place. There are those who have never seen my place at all. Those who stayed so near but never made an effort or time to chill with me.


As i opened the door,


Sweater: Damn! It's too dark in here

Ssx: turn on the lights, babe


At the corner, i could see a bunch of people sitting and waiting in the dark to scream “suprise”, sweater turned to me and shook her head. Her face turned blue.


Ssx: babe, turn on the lights...ourghhh let me..


Click!


SURRPPRIIISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


Sweater: (screams like a bitch)...my goodness guys!! i thought there was a ghost (pointing to our friend - a lady-boy with long black hair and pale face sitting at the corner). So i just turned around cuz i know ssx is more of a chicken than i am! Fuck! Fuck!


It was so funny. She nearly threw the box at the 'ghost'. Then she blew the candles on her cake and thanked everyone.


When the clock striked 8, the infamous DJ Aiden started spinning some tunes and people started drinking. Guitarist was there, Sean and a friend came by, Shopper brought her gang of stylish people with her, and i thought to myself..that was just what i needed. Some bluriness and all of my loved ones around me to celebrate the fact that i'm moving on with my life. At about 3, everyone left except for the birthday girl, curly and guitarist who was already too drunk to go back to the city.


The next morning i woke up with eyebags and a smile...


Though no one knows that i'm leaving this place, this job...and i left them in the dark, they celebrated the fact that life, with or without a job, loved or not loved..has to go on.


And that's all that matters.


This is dedicated to Sweater who was there in my ugly days, who supported all my stupid dreams. Who knew who i am and never ever for once judged me. You have a bright future ahead of you so go catch it, live it and one day...we might just meet in the middle..maybe for a soft launch party for some online brand ;) ♥

1 comment:

xumb said...

awww that was sweet of you putting together the party for sweater hehe! too bad i wasn't there and stuck in the office doing freakin sutter! good to know that you all had a great time!