25.11.07

Passion vs. Stability


Life is about pairs. Everything comes in twos. The twin towers, men & women, coke & pepsi. When one is fine being by themselves, they are perfect if they have another person to grow old with them. It's all about choices and each has it's own pros and cons.


You either choose to stay home on a saturday nite or dress up and go on perfect dates. You either have the best jobs or you could settle for convenience and have a happy relationship. You could have the most perfect boyfriend or you could have the best girlfriends anyone could ever have.


Like Brooke, who chose to be trapped in a world she calls her love life. She met Kay, a bouncer 3 years ago in front of the home club while trying to get in and Kay joked of how fantastic it would be if she gave her number to him. Being so conscious about her looks and her weight, br0oke decided to take it as a mean joke from a hot guy who was just trying to make her feel fatter.


But as she went in and out of the club looking for her friends, the guy looked more keen and introduced himself.


Kay: hello..i'm kay. What's your name?

Brooke: Brooke (smiles foolishly)

Kay: you know, i feel like calling you sometimes, could i?

Brooke: ...my number? Ermmmm...well usually i dont give out my number...


Considering the fact that she had broken up with her ex-boyfriend who was a total jerk and she was secretly hoping to get laid that nite.


Brooke: ...but i'll make this an exception.


The next night, i was at Brooke's (used to be) apartment with Pam, Brooke's little sister. I was sleeping in brooke's room when brooke decided to go to the club and see Kay. I continued sleeping. The next thing i know, brooke woke me up and a tall, really dark man was standing in the dark with her.


Brooke: ssx...could you sleep outside? I have a ...ehmmm..you know


Yup, that was the infamous “sleep together on the first date” story we've heard over the years afetr being single and horny for quite sometime. In Brooke's case, it wasn't even the first date. It was the first time she ever drove an hour into the city at 4 am to get a hot guy.


She told me the next day of how it was all so perfect. The drive, the man...the works. She told me that Kay told her he was the son of a politician, damn rich parents and he wouldve driven his sports car if it didnt break down and he had to send it to the mechanics.


Rule no 1:

When a guy tells you so much on the first date, like where he lives, what car he's driving and who their parents are...


it could only mean two things. First, he could be a very boring guy who had nothing else about themselves to talk about so he started talking about the things around him..


Or, most probably he's just lying.


As Brooke went on and on about the night which made her smile foolishly for more than a week, i thought to myself...maybe this is just a phase.. she's going through her post Big BU. But it didnt end there. Her driving in and out to town at 4 o'clock in the morning everynight to pick Kay, send him to work at 7 pm every night and sometimes even drive up further to the otherside of town to send him to his real parents. Yes, the policitian parents he talked about was actually his ex's parents. Strike one. The car was not true either. Strike two.


After awhile of dating Kay, i realized that Brooke hasnt been picking up my calls, or replying to my msgs. I found out that Kay has been keeping her at home, she cant go out and she cant see anyone especially me because apparently i was a bad influence. That shook me to my core.


But now, Kay is a much reasonable man. Still not my favourite, and if i could i would tell her to go out and look for more experience. Live life to the fullest and one day she might find someone better than Kay.


That's her choice. To live in uncertainty and trapped in her own choices. While she chose passion over stability, she seemed happy and fine and i'm happy when she's happy.


While me, i was still on the fence. I didn't know what i want. I do know that i dont think i'm a working kinda gal. But everyone thinks that way so it's unfair.


Pam on the other hand, didnt choose between passion and stability. She chose convenience. Stay at home, not work and no intentions of learning. I was at their place the whole weekend, and she confessed about her, her boyfriend Kyle and her life being an unemployed woman.


Pam: ssx, since i quit my job as a flight attendant, i feel useless staying at home all the time. And dating Kyle isn't helping. He controls where i go, what i do, where i work and more. Honestly, i cant stand it. I feel like i'm going stupid.


I told her to take the first step, that is to work. Regardless of what and where but she needs to leave home and start being indipendent. Me myself, i hate those who stay at home and wait for their prince charming with ferraris to come by and propose and after being married for a couple of years and the prince became not so charming anymore cuz he has started to cheat with another unemployed woman, they start to bitch about men and start the rumours that men are all the same.


Men are not all the same. I believe my real father was a good man, he just didnt have balls. My other father was a real man with balls but not enough bullets to have more children. Aiden was also a good man but he's just scared of commitment. So are they all the same?


No.


Pam and Brooke have been raised to know that all men are the same. That is, they cheat and they will cheat again. So they set that in their minds so now that they're out in the dating world, they include the cheating, drinking excessively and gambling factors into men. In that way, they became women who could take all the bullshits in the world.


So it made me think...are they compromising or just plain ignorant?


So all men will cheat eventually..but it's either they're rich or poor. I guess that's why they wait for their prince charming at home.


I told Pam to be her own man. Make monies, get rich and have a fabulous life. So instead of having a man to support us, give us what we dont have...we just make men as accessories. Something to have fun with. So when they're not around, we still have ourselves.


There goes the choices in life again. I believe that if we choose to be standing still...those who wanna run fast will pass us by without even looking back and only those who don't want to succeed will realize you're alive.


Maybe i dont know the meaning of love thus i never knew what compromise is. But right now, i want my girls to be fabulous. Come out of the dark corner and say “i'm a woman and i can take over the world!” - until PMS hits of course.


...


My passion awaits my on the other side of the door. Am i willing to open it and greet it gracefully? Or do i wanna stay on this side so that i wont have to think too much about struggling? My Boss is begging me to stay another 6 months and have been offering some great deals. But i'm moving to the city and by moving, i meant..have a new life. Life without stress and stupid new junior staff to throw their fat ass at me.


But sometimes i wonder....


Can we live in stability by living our passions?


ssx



No comments: