17.9.07

Birthday™

Today i turned to another number, year, age. A number when i was a kid, would have imagined to be having kids by now. I'm proud of myself for all the things i've achieved at this mere age. There are so many to be corrected, mended but i'm still standing, still going strong.


I left my mom's right before midnight. I knew i would shed tears as this year is different than the previous ones. I avoided of being celebrated, i avoided the part where you'd have to announce your age and everybody will start to measure the ups and downs of me in that particular age. Like for this year, i'd have to be married.


I spent most of my birthdays lying on my mother's lap and she would tell me the same story over and over again. The story of her in labor. It was a very exciting story that i've almost memorized the story word by word and still enjoy it every time.


According to her, it was hell giving birth to me. She was alone the entire time throughout the whole process. My father, who left her right before that was not to be seen anywhere, so she went to the government hospital by herself – in labor. I never know the pain of being in labor but as i've heard, nothing is more painful than it.


The labor process took forever. More than 12 hours she was in pain and at last, the doctor announced that the baby (me) was already upside down and if my mother pushes me out, she'd die.


They had to do an operation. My mother said when i was born, i looked like a little monkey. Red and hairy...all over. She said she was glad the baby was a girl, so now at this age, she has a girlfriend who will always love and be loved unconditionally.


God knows how much i love her as she is the only one i got. I called her on my way back to my place. I pulled over, called her at strike midnight..


ma, its 12.00am..its my birthday. Just wanna say thank you for being my mother in all these years. Sorry for i've caused you heartaches, i've lied, i've been rude to you, slammed the door before you, screamed at you, didnt spend enough time with you and everything else i did...i'm sorry. I'm glad we have each other. I'm not good with words with you, please do know that i will change, i will be better someday, you'll see. And of course, this only daughter of yours loves and will love you till the end of time..


My other set of parents are coming back from the Holy land today. And THAT is the best thing a girl could ever get for her birthday...her family all together at one table, having a good meal.


This birthday for me means a lot as i finally know the meaning of being a year older. The sense of responsibility, the art of handling things as an adult. It's nice knowing that i've survived my previous year and am quite ready for this new one.


For those who never gave up on me, keep loving me for who i am and those who wish me only the best things in this world...thank you.


Those who sent me text msgs...thank you so much.


Sweater, the underwater camera you gave to me was one of them best in this whole wide world. I'll get it fixed soon, i promise :)


Aiden, you gave me what i've always wanted since i was a child! A Polaroid camera!! Thank you so much hun.


Shopper, the Lampe Berger was the most expensive and i appreciate it so much, you wont believe it!


Thanks for believing in me and this person called The Singing Supermodel right here is a new person. A person who aged gracefully, without a single fine line to ruin such work of art. And when being asked of how old she is, she answers... “i'm at my fabulous 24” ;)


ssx

No comments: