25.9.07

Sick For Toys

Midnight striked as i held to my new cell with no msg tones. It's official...those who knew, totally forgot about it. Those who didnt, still didnt know about it. This obsession is definitely a very unhealthy thing for me. And over all the things i could possibly be neurotically obsessed about...i was still obsessed about my birthday. Just as i thought i could be cool about it...i wasnt.


I knew Lil didnt know about that day so i called upon the reigning queen of hearts from the kingdom of boobies, curly. The highness herself has a newly found object of obsession, a minor. No wait! A sexy minor. He was a guy curly met and corversate briefly in an event of another upperside gig nite. She told him he was hot and he smiled as though he knew he was THAT hot that made curly feel hotter that she just walked away not knowing what else to say.


She has been in denial saying things like, she would be soooo over his hotness once he made a move. I doubt it. At the rate she's going now...even sweater was lost with her words when listening to curly talking about this guy we would call coke. As addictive as it, as fine and as hard to get as possible.


He's her designer drug. Period. After a few more intentional-accidental-bumping into each other, they were practically dating already since the people they both knew, knew each other. One day me and the girls were having a very unfashionable lunch, coke called curly...she looked nervous and spitted out some wrong wrong things but somehow, with charm and wit...that will certainly leave coke weak in the knees.


I thought to myself, what if all the men whom i thought i wanted, will only call me out of surprise and make me smile foolishly like how curly is doing. Wouldnt it be fabulous? I realized i'm always stucked to the ones who reserve themselves too much. Phonecalls are like buying an island. Phone msgs are like shooting off to the moon and stick a banner that says...”i'm thinking about you”. Seeing each other is like accidentally running into a beautiful unicorn with glass eyes. And proper dates? Are like...impossible.


Its a good thing how coke swooped in curly's life at the verge of breaking up with his girlfriend. Classic. And i told curly to play it good since this is time when he needs sex the most! You know, play classic with the classic player.


As surprises comes and in the lives of my dear loved ones, i had one for myself. I had a recording scheduled the day after my birthday. Since i had to celebrate my 24th on the curb, at the corner of my least favourite coffee joint and the fact that all of my friends were somehow busy, i was not in a very good mood. Rossa totally forgot about my birthday...surprisingly.


The next day. Rossa called asking whether he could send me back from the studio i was scheduled for - later that night. I said, yea...maybe.


While i was struggling to stay awake in the freezing studio...i heard the boys from the group calling me to come to the front foyer for a quick meeting. So i went to the front. And when i got there, there were many faces of those whom i barely know and they were singing the birthday song. There was a cake too! With candles lit on it and words written across it which says “happy 24th birthday ssx. From rossa”.


It may not be better than having it on my real birthday itself...but i was touched. Cuz i've never been so surprised, and this time i didnt have to pretend i was actually surprised. I knew i was going to cry. But i kept macho-ed up for the crowd. But then again, i thought....fuck 'em cuz in the words of Lesley Gore, “it's my party and i'll fucken cry if i want to”..


ssx

No comments: